Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Happy Birthday Mom/Gram!!! Hope you have a happy day!!!

Things have been fairly quiet around here. Slowly getting ready for Miss Zoey to arrive. Most of her clothes are washed and put away and after today I should have both the hospital bag and Lottie's overnight bag ready. Just have to wait for some laundry to be done and my helpers to come at 3:30. I'm to the point where there is no way I can vacuum or do dishes simply because the baby belly is in the way. Zac's been a big help and on Mondays & Wednesdays I get Louie to come and help carry and bend for me. And Buzz plays with Lottie, so I get so much more done.

On Monday Zac and I got to spend the day by ourselves...I know highly extravagant...but it hasn't happened in awhile and probably will be a long time before it happens again. Lottie went to play with the kids at Nana's and we went to Harrisonburg for the afternoon. We had gift cards from Christmas to spend so we had a lot of fun. I got a new sewing book at the book store=) So even though I can't sit at my dining room table to sew (sciatica and my chairs don't agree) I can still plot and plan for when my hips are somewhat functional again. And we went out to eat and to look at furniture (just to look...which i think probably annoys sales people) to get an idea of what we want someday when we have a few $ to put towards our house. Sometimes its more fun to dream than to actually do something about it=)

Not much happening on my craft/sewing list due to immobility and the vain attempt to try and keep my stress level low but I am currently in the middle of two crochet projects--one for Mom's birthday (hoping to complete by Friday) and a baby car seat blanket for Kim's new baby girl...due sometime after me I hope...I think our due dates are three weeks apart this time. I will post pictures as soon as they are done. And I'm in the process of getting more pics on the computer now so I will be able to show some of the things we have been up to since October, which is apparently when I started to forget to finish things. Hopefully my brain will come back soon...If anybody has seen it please tell it I need it back.....

No comments: