Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Happy October!


Lottie showing off her stylish shades



I love fall and today it is finally starting to feel like it is has arrived =) It's been extremely warm here lately. We've had a busy few weeks. Lottie and I went with Gram to Roanoke to borrow some clothes from my sister for Lottie. We went to a few of the consignment shops too. I found Lottie a very cute shirt and sneakers for $4 total =) And when we got home she got to go grocery shopping with Daddy so Mommy could have some time by herself. It's good thing she likes her carseat!



The flowers my Monkey got me when I got home


Last week was spent mostly trying to get Lottie back on a nice napping schedule to try to fix the bedtime issues we've been having at night. Slowly making progress and I am starting to get my evenings back again, I know short lived since the new baby will be here in a few short months. I am already over the half way point and we go for our ultrasound next week =) Maybe this baby will cooperate better than Miss "80% sure it's a boy." I can hope, right?

We went to Uncle Max's super, fun, Pirate birthday party on Friday. We dressed in pirate costumes and had a treasure hunt. We ate a pirate cake and opened presents out of the "Pirate Chest." Little kid birthday parties are the best!




Lottie trying on her costume



I finished the last of Lottie's jumpers for winter on Saturday, but apparently forgot to take a picture of it so that will have to be the next post. And I actually started a birthday present more than three days before the party =) And it's about halfway done with three weeks to go, very proud of myself about that. It's the little things. I have few more things to make for Lottie, some Christmas presents, and then I can start making things for the new baby. Lots to do and so few nap times these days since she is down to one a day.

Yesterday was a very fun day for us. Nana/Laureen called us as we were getting breakfast to invite us to go the orchard and to Dayton with them. So we quickly ate and gathered our things because who wants to stay home and clean when there is fabric to see and pumpkins & apples to pick! The kids and Nana went and picked some apples off the trees while Tilly and I and our littles picked our pumpkins. Hills, 1 year olds, and pregnant women do not go well together so we stayed at the bottom. We each got a pumpkin, some cider, a mum and I think there were two rather large bags of apples too.

Then we went to the the two fabric stores in Dayton. The first one was sooo expensive and everything was sooo pretty I couldn't decide ever how to limit my decision making process to pick any one of them. They do carry the coffee fabric that I want to use to redo my kitchen with=) So I got to see that in person and I found another purse pattern that I want to try but they were out of it so I'm going to track it down online. But at the second one I found a pretty neutral flannel to use for a baby quilt.

I'll load more pics later. Blogger seems to be having some issues letting me put them up =(

2 comments:

Eliza Lois said...

hey :) i'll have pix of max's party on webshots soon...cute ones of loggie ;) xoxo

Mackenzie said...

Very fun Miss Heather, can't wait to see how that jumper turned out!! :) I assume since I didn't hear anything else that it went smoothly for you?